The Director’s duties, roles and responsibilities course provides an essential overview of what is required of a company director together with practical steps that can be taken to ensure that the demands are complied with.
This half-day course is aimed at aspiring or newly appointed directors and covers key knowledge about legal duties, roles, responsibilities, strategy and corporate governance that are key foundations for an effective board appointment. It also considers up to date thinking on corporate governance and the responsibilities of owners, the board and employees.
Who should attend?
Aspiring, newly appointed or current directors of companies including owner-managed companies or family businesses in the private, public and voluntary sector.
What to expect?
- An in-depth view of the key duties, roles and legal responsibilities of directors, corporate governance and the role of the board
- An appreciation of the crucial differences between management, direction and ownership
- Practical guidance on avoiding or dealing with conflicts of interest
Participation on this course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- Clarify the board’s role, purpose and key tasks
- Understand the legal status of a company
- Understand the roles directors play and key director relationships in different types of company and context
- Examine the board’s corporate governance role
- Define the legal duties and liabilities of individual directors and the board
David Doughty CDir FIoD
The course is delivered by David Doughty, a Chartered Director and highly experienced Non-Executive, Chief Executive, Chair, Entrepreneur and Business Mentor. David has extensive executive and non-executive experience in small and medium enterprises in private and public sectors. He is also a board level consultant to multi-national organisations and a Chartered Director Ambassador for the Institute of Directors. See his LinkedIn profile here:
Duration: 1/2 day
9:00am to 12:30pm
Orchard Street Business Centre
14 Orchard Street
Bristol BS1 5EH
£165.00 (ex VAT)
Payment with Booking Price £150.00 (ex VAT)
Partner Discount Price £140.00 (ex VAT)*
To see course dates and to book your place now follow this link:
The fee includes refreshments and a copy of the course handbook
Attendance counts as 3 verifiable CPD hours of structured learning
*Discounts on Excellencia course fees are available for:
Director’s duties, roles and responsibilities - Bristol 30 July 2015
Orchard Street Business Centre,
14 Orchard Street,Bristol,South West