Board and Leadership Development Courses from excellencia help to improve Board performance and make the Board more effective.
How to become a Non-Executive Director
The How to become a Non-Executive Director course helps you to plan and prepare for your first Non-Executive Director (NED) position. It instils a real sense of what is expected of NEDs and how you can meet the challenge.
How to become a Non-Executive Director – for Psychologists
Co-hosted by the Association of Psychologists on Boards, the How to become a Non-Executive Director – for Psychologists one-day interactive course is aimed at Psychologists wishing to take up Board roles as a Non-Executive Director, Trustee or Governor, Consultant or Expert Advisor, with an emphasis on the importance of presenting Psychological skills and perspectives with clarity and relevance to Boards and how Psychologists can strengthen Boards of organisations..
Becoming a Non-Executive Director – for Coaches and Mentors
The Becoming a Non-Executive Director – for Coaches and Mentors course is designed for coaches, mentors and other professionals who possess these skillsets including organisational psychologists and business consultants. It is also of value to anyone who has substantial experience and expertise in harnessing individual as well as team effectiveness at board level, and who is experienced as an Executive Director or CEO.
Director’s Duties, Roles and Responsibilities
The Director’s Duties, Roles and Responsibilities course provides an essential overview of what is required of a company director together with practical steps that can be taken to ensure that the demands are complied with.
This half-day course is aimed at aspiring or newly appointed directors and covers key knowledge about legal duties, roles, responsibilities, strategy and corporate governance that are key foundations for an effective board appointment. It also considers up to date thinking on corporate governance and the responsibilities of owners, the board and employees.
Finance for Non Finance Directors
Finance for Non Finance Directors provides essential financial business management tools and financial business concepts for non finance executive and non-executive directors.
This interactive half-day course will provide essential knowledge of the key financial management issues and concepts needed by all Directors, Consultants or current or aspiring Non-Executive Directors in order to be effective members of the boards of private, public and not-for-profit organisations in today’s demanding financial environment.
Marketing for Non Marketing Directors
Marketing for Non Marketing Directors provides essential insight into the marketing function for non marketing executive and non-executive directors.
This interactive half-day course is the ideal introduction to help you to start to build your marketing knowledge, increase your confidence in the subject and enable you to effectively challenge marketing strategies and performance.
Sales for Non Sales Directors
Sales for Non Sales Directors provides essential understanding of the sales function for non sales executive and non-executive directors.
This interactive half-day course helps you to be more effective when working with sales strategies and evaluating sales performance at board level
Strategic Risk Governance
Strategic Risk Governance is a one-day workshop for company directors – Are you aware of the director’s role in effectively governing risk and being equipped with the tools to do so?
This workshop aims to improve your risk governance skills and begin to improve your strategic risk vision.
The Effective Board
The excellencia effective Company Director series of one-day courses has been designed to enable Board members to quickly assimilate the skills and resources required to operate effectively as an Executive, Non-Executive or Chair.
- The effective Executive Director course helps you to be a more effective member of the board. The step-up from senior management to a board role requires a new skill-set and a different way of looking at things. As an Executive Director you are not only responsible for your functional role but now have collective responsibility for the strategic direction of the organisation. Whether you are an aspiring, newly appointed or currently serving Executive Director this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills that you need to make an effective contribution to the board.
- The effective Non-Executive Director course helps you to be an effective non-executive director. It instils a real sense of what is expected of NEDs and how you can meet the challenge. This 1-day interactive course is aimed at newly appointed or serving NEDs and covers essential knowledge about roles, responsibilities, strategy and corporate governance that are key foundations for a Non-Executive board role. It also considers up to date thinking on corporate governance and the responsibilities of owners, the board and employees.
- The effective NHS Non-Executive Director is an interactive 1-day course specifically designed for aspiring, newly appointed and serving Non-Executive Directors of NHS Trusts and NHS provider organisations including Social Enterprises. The course provides an essential grounding in corporate governance in the context of the NHS and wider healthcare provision during a period of great change.
- The How to Chair a Board effectively course helps you to chair the board of a private, public or voluntary sector organisation. It instils a real sense of what is expected of a Chair, and how you can meet the challenge. This one-day interactive course is aimed at aspiring, recently appointed or currently serving Chairs and covers essential knowledge about roles, responsibilities, strategy and corporate governance that are key foundations for a Non-Executive Chair board role. It also considers up to date thinking on corporate governance and the responsibilities of owners, the board and employees.
Social Media for Beginners
The Social Media for Beginners half-day workshop is an essential next step in establishing your Social Media presence.
Packed with powerful practical tips and techniques this workshop will unveil the mysteries of Social Media and equip you with all you need to enable you to establish an on-line presence.
Full information on all these courses can be found by clicking these links:
- How to become a Non-Executive Director
- How to become a Non-Executive Director for Psychologists
- Becoming a Non-Executive Director – for Coaches and Mentors
- Director Essentials
- Strategic Risk Governance
- The Effective Company Director
- Social Media for Beginners
To see course dates and to book your place now follow this link: Course Registration